Technical Group Webinar
JOIN OUR OFFSHORE ENERGY TECHNICAL GROUP (TG4) WEBINAR
The event is focused on hydrogen generation, storage, transportation, and safe use, both from a strategic perspective in terms of future opportunities as well as from a material’s science perspective, looking at challenges in terms of standardisation and development of sufficient knowledge of relevant material properties in presence of hydrogen.
Speakers from Industry Sector and Engineering organisations will give you an insight into:
- Strategic overview of hydrogen generation from offshore wind
- Role of traditional oil and gas infrastructure and knowhow for large scale production and distribution of hydrogen
- Hydrogen as an alternative low emission fuel; risks and their management
- Material properties in the presence of hydrogen
- Metallurgy and testing approaches
- Strategic approach for implementation of large-scale production, transport and use (commercial and residential) of hydrogen
Experts from industry and TWI will be presenting on a range of topics:
- Tony Fong, Technology Engineer, SSE on Strategic Insight into Integration of Green Hydrogen Generation on Dogger Bank D Windfarm Development
- Dr Mons Hague, Senior Advisor Materials Technology, Equinor on Safe Utilisation of Existing Pipelines for Transport and Storage of Hydrogen
- Francesca Baiocchi, Associate Partner, BIP Consulting on The Role of Hydrogen in a Net Zero UK
- Ollie Burkinshaw, ROSEN UK, on Re-certification of Pipelines for Hydrogen Service
- Professional Members of The Welding Institute: £25 + VAT (£30)
- Industrial Members of TWI: £25 + VAT (£30)
- Non-members: £95 + VAT (£114)
- Retired Members: £25 + VAT (£30)
- Students: £25 + VAT (£30)
- TWI Training Customers: £75 + VAT (£90)
- TWI Training School Customers with professional membership: Free: Please contact us with your Training Customer ID Number
TWI Staff - please contact Hafiza Rahman if you wish to register.
Please note that payment must be made before the event in order to receive the joining instructions for the event.
CAN'T MAKE IT ON THE DAY?
If you can't join us on the day, you can still access the recording of the webinar and the presentations by registering ahead of the event.*
*presentation dissemination is dependent on presenter consent.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP (AWeldI) OF THE WELDING INSTITUTE
Registering on this Technical Group webinar as a non-member or a TWI Training Customer gives you full Associate Membership (AWeldI) for one year. To activate your membership, just complete the highlighted fields on the event registration form.
You will also benefit from:
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THIS WEBINAR
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
- Information transfer from experts
- Discussion, questions and answers on the specific topics
- A broader understanding of the extent of standards in the industry
- Attendance of this event qualifies for CPD
The Welding Institute awards points towards CPD for delegates attending this webinar. Every hour attendance of an event will earn 2 points towards your continuing professional development.
Please contact email@example.com if you require a certificate of attendance towards your continuing professional development.
MEET OUR EXPERTS
Green Hydrogen Production – A Developer-Operator Technical Perspective
Engineering Manager for Offshore Technology within SSE Renewables. Tony and his team are responsible for new technology development and implementation within Offshore Renewables Projects including supporting projects such as Doggerbank D which is exploring the potential of GW scale onshore green hydrogen production from electricity produced by an offshore wind farm.
Tony is a Chartered Mechanical Engineer with over 14 years of experience of industrial technology development within aerospace, marine renewables, and onshore / offshore wind, with a background as a mechanical engineer designing and analysing on and offshore steel structures.
THE ROLE OF HYDROGEN IN A NET ZERO UK
As the leader of the practice focused on Energy Strategy within Bip Group, Francesca has been involved in the design and delivery of several strategic pieces of work around energy transition both for Regulation Bodies, such as the EU DG Ener and for major private corporations in the European Energy sector. Hydrogen and hydrogen-derived fuels have been at the centre of strategy design for both TSOs / DSOs and energy players or investors wanting to invest in the hydrogen economy.
DR MONS HAGUE
THE SAFE UTILISATION OF EXISTING PIPELINES FOR TRANSPORT AND STORAGE OF HYDROGEN
As the Main expertise is fatigue and fracture mechanics used in integrity assessment, including mechanical testing and statistical interpretation of test results. Within this field particular focus in recent years has been on hydrogen effects on toughness and fatigue resistance.
THE RE-CERTIFICATION OF PIPELINES FOR HYDROGEN SERVICE
Ollie Burkinshaw is a Principal Materials Engineer at ROSEN UK, with 11 years' experience in the energy industry within oil & gas, pipelines and future fuels including hydrogen. At ROSEN, he has recently led projects to assess the feasibility of repurposing pipelines to hydrogen, and support pipeline operators in data gathering to achieve safe repurposing and compliance.