Technical Group Webinar
JOIN OUR POLYMERS AND COMPOSITES TECHNICAL GROUP (TG7) WEBINAR
This webinar is aimed at those who work with composite pipes and are concerned about the reliability of joints.
Attendees will learn about the challenges faced by the oil and gas industry in joining non-metallic pipes, and some of the innovations currently being developed to address them.
The content will cover both thermoplastic and thermoset composites, as well as looking into unreinforced non-metallic pipes.
Experts from industry and TWI will be presenting on a range of topics:
- Challenges in the design and development of joints for TCP pipelines
- Chris Worrall, Consultant, TWI Ltd on Overview of joining polymers and composites
- Regulatory challenges in joining for the oil and gas industry
- Matt Hewstone, Engineering Director, NOV Completion and Production Solutions on Current and future challenges in joining thermoset composite pipes
- The challenges of inspection and integrity monitoring of joints in non-metallic pipes
- Professional Members of The Welding Institute: £25 + VAT (£30)
- Industrial Members of TWI: £25 + VAT (£30)
- Non-members: £95 + VAT (£114)
- Retired Members: £25 + VAT (£30)
- Students: £25 + VAT (£30)
- TWI Training Customers: £75 + VAT (£90)
- TWI Training School Customers with professional membership: Free. Please contact us with your Training Customer ID Number
TWI Staff - please contact Hafiza Rahman if you wish to register.
Please note that payment must be made before the event in order to receive the joining instructions for the event.
CAN'T MAKE IT ON THE DAY?
If you can't join us on the day, you can still access the recording of the webinar and the presentations by registering ahead of the event.*
*presentation dissemination is dependent on presenter consent.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP (AWeldI) OF THE WELDING INSTITUTE
Registering on this Technical Group webinar as a non-member or a TWI Training Customer without Professional Membership
gives you full Associate Membership (AWeldI) for one year.
To activate your membership, just complete the highlighted fields on the event registration form.
You will also benefit from:
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THIS WEBINAR
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
- Information transfer from experts
- Discussion, questions and answers on the specific topics
- A broader understanding of the extent of standards in the industry
- Attendance of this event qualifies for CPD
The Welding Institute awards points towards CPD for delegates attending this webinar. Every hour attendance of an event will earn 2 points towards your continuing professional development.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a certificate of attendance towards your continuing professional development.
MEET OUR EXPERTS
Presentation title: Overview of joining polymers and composites
Chris is an expert in composite materials and a Consultant at TWI. His 35 year career covers: joining, mechanical behaviour, fire testing, finite element analysis, electromagnetic surface waves and metamaterials. Chris started his career in the oil and gas industry participating in the Marinetech North West project, and also spent 10 years working in Japan in the automotive, aerospace and energy sectors. He has presented guest lectures at Cambridge, Liverpool and Surrey University, and holds the position of ‘Engineer in Residence’ at Liverpool university. Recently, Chris has been supporting the Non-metallic Innovation Centre (NIC) in providing non-metallic solutions for the oil and gas industry.