This is a joint event between the North Scottish Branch of The Welding Institute and the Institute of Corrosion (ICORR).
Overview: Sonomatic is a group company of the worldwide CWL organisation whose expertise in ultrasonic inspection design, development and application. By drawing on the expertise of the software, equipment, scanners and bespoke technology applications, together with the extensive practical experience with in-service inspection Sonomatic have been able to develop solutions to Remote Internal Inspection (RII) of storage tanks. This presentation will outline the selected recent highlights from the Storage Tank Division:
- Introduction to Robotic systems used in Storage Tanks while still in service.
- Explanation of safety systems used to safely deploy robots in Above ground Storage Tanks (AST) while they remain online and full of product.
- A summary of Ultrasonic data collected, and software developed to assist with analysis and reporting activity.
- Case study of a Storage Tank that required in service inspection
Ian Daniel - Business Development Manager, Sonomatic Ltd.
Matthew Beatty - Global Advanced Robotic Applications Manager, Sonomatic Ltd.
Ian Daniel is the Business Development Manager for Sonomatic Ltd.
Ian has over 30 years of NDT and Integrity sales, service and business management while turning NDT data into useful engineering information. Over the last 5 years the main focus has been on the development and application of Robotic Storage Tank Inspection Technologies through interaction with clients, Sonomatic’s Engineering development team and onsite technicians.
Matthew Beatty is the Global Advanced Robotic Applications Manager for Sonomatic Inc.
Registration: Register for this event is via the link below:-
Continuing Professional Development (CPD): Attending this event supports your professional development. You can claim 2 CPD points per hour for this event. As a member of the Welding Institute you can record your CPD activity online from your membership portal.
- Registration for this event is with the Institute of Corrosion.(ICORR).